Saturday 14 January 2012

Photo a day challenge

14.01.2012 - "Something you're reading"

Over the Christmas break, I was given the opportunity to be the caretaker of family history material. Photos, letters, publications, family trees, etc that had belonged to an Aunt have now been passed to me. I've always been interested in history, and love watching "Who do you think you are". So it has been fascinating to dig into the history, and so far I've been able to go back 11 generations to the 1600's. What I have found interesting is that of those 11 generations, we (the family) have only lived in two locations - 7 generations in Dorset, England, and 4 generations in North East Victoria, Australia.  Seems like once we put down roots, that is it!

I have been wondering about something. Many family names evolved from their occupation eg Baker , Butcher, Smith. On my father's side of the family, I've come across the family name of Ramsbottom. Wonder what they did for a living?

 I'm currently working on my paternal grandmothers family (Diffey), and have been reading this history.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. I love hearing from you, and appreciate your input.

Megan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...